- Identify the challenges of playing organized sports in the era of COVID-19.
- Discuss return to sport uncertainties following recovery from COVID-19.
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on athletics.
- Review sleep and its effects on performance and injury.
- Discuss good sleep hygiene.
- Injury and Illness Prevention and Wellness Promotion
- Examination, Assessment, and Diagnosis
- Immediate and Emergency Care
- Therapeutic Intervention
Education Level: Mastery
Target Audience: AT, PT, OT, MD/DO, PhD/PsyD, RN
Delivery Method: Virtual Asynchronous
CE Credits for Athletic Trainers Only: 1.5 Category A CEUs; all others receive a certificate of attendance.
Cancellation Policy: Cancel anytime and apply the payment to a future course.
ebpCENTRAL (BOC AP # 10138) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education for Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for 1.5 Category A CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours spent in the educational program.
Marc Harwood, MD
Dr. Harwood is a board certified non-operative sports medicine physician. He is currently a team physician for the Philadelphia Phillies – a position he has held since 2005. He is a past president of the Major League Baseball Team Physicians Association and is an active member of the Medical Advisory Committee for Major League Baseball. He also serves as a team physician for the St. Joseph’s University NCAA Division I athletic program. He is a sports medicine consultant for several local high schools in addition to caring for elite level dancers at the Rock School of Dance Education, University of the Arts, BalletX, and the Pennsylvania Ballet. He is a consultant to Athletes and the Arts and has been an active member on the International Association of Dance Medicine and Science’s research committee.
Jeremy Close, MD
(bio coming soon)